Details of Award Scheme of Tripura State Council for Science & Technology
To encourage the individuals and/or organization in pursuing Science and/or in contribution in the field of Science, Technology & Environment in Tripura following awards will be given in each year.
- i. Jagadish Chandra Basu Award for Young Researchers.
- ii. Acharjee Prafulla Chandra Roy Award for Societal Application of Technology.
- iii. Meghnad Saha Award for Science Popularization/Communication.
- iV. C. V. Raman Award for School Students for best model/exhibit in State Science Fair.
- V. Homi Jehangir Bhaba Award for the Students of the Institutes of Higher and Technical Education for best model/exhibits in the State Science Fair.
Eligibility criteria of the awardees and other details of the awards will be as follows:-
MEGHNAD SAHA AWARD:
Academic Institutes, Social Organizations including Voluntary Organizations, Science Writers, Publishers of Science books/Science Periodicals/Science Journals, Teachers of Schools or Institutes of Technical/Higher Education and Science Activists of Tripura will be eligible for this award for contribution in terms of followings:
- i. Role in inculcating inquisitiveness among the children and/or make them interested in scientific enquiry
- ii. Role in promotion of Scientific literacy for eradication/Superstition/misbelieve etc.
- iii. Popular Science Writings in local language
- iv. Publishing popular Science Books/Science Journals/ Science periodicals in local language.
- V. Science Journalism in local language.
The Award will contain a Bank Draft of Rs. 10, 000 (Ten thousands) only, a Gold Medal and Citation.
J. C. BASU AWARD:
Students/Researchers of the Institutes of Higher/Technical Education of the State, Scientists working in any Government,/Semi-Government, Organizations/Autonomous Bodies/Non Government Organizations/Voluntary Organizations of the State will be eligible for this award for contribution in terms of pursuing research in any field of Science, Technology & Environment.
Award will contain a Bank Draft of Rs. 20,000(Twenty thousands) only, a Gold Medal and a Citation.
P. C. ROY AWARD:
Scientists/Engineers/Technologists working in Tripura will be eligible for this award for Societal application of Technology in terms of following aspects:
- i. Establishment of Industry
- ii. Providing employment to the unemployed
- iii.Income Generation of SHGs
- iv. Rural Development
- V. Mitigation of ecological/environmental problems.
Award will contain a Bank Draft of Rs. 10,000 (Ten thousands) only, a Gold Medal and a Citation.
C. V. RAMAN AWARD:
School students of the State will be eligible for this award. This award will be given for best model/exhibit among the models/exhibits of School Students at State level Science Fair in Tripura.
Award will contain a Bank Draft/Cheque of Rs. 5,000 (Five thousands) only, a Gold Medal and a Citation.
H. J. BHABA AWARD:
Students of Institutes of Technical/Higher Education of the State will be eligible for this award. This award will be given for best model/exhibits among the models/exhibits of the students of the Institutes of Technical/Higher Education of the State at State level Science Fair.
Award will contain a Bank Draft/Cheque of Rs.5,000 (Five thousands) only, a Gold Medal and a Citation.
Mode of selection of awardees:
In each year, the Executive Committee of the Tripura State Council for Science & Technology will constitute a Selection Committee comprising of not more than 5 and less than 3 dignitaries of the state with a Nodal Officer from the Tripura State Council for Science & Technology (as non member convener) to assist the selection committee. The Selection Committee will propose the name of individuals/organizations for Awards. The selection committee may finalize criteria and/or mode or procedure of collection of information in regards to the contribution of prospective awardees. Recommendation of the Selection Committee will be placed in the Executive Committee meeting and Executive Committee will finalize the name of individual/organization of awardees in each category in each year.