SCIENCE COMMUNICATION DIVISION
From the inception, Science Communication activities are one of the major component of the activities of the Tripura State Council for Science & Technology. The Council implements a number of activities with wide coverage in Tripura. The Science Communication Division of the Council directly implements number of programmes in association with School Education Department (mainly SCERT), Higher Education and Nagar Panchayats apart from programmes in association with S&T based VOs or Organizations / establishments. Recently, all District Offices of Deptt. Of Science, Technology and Environment also have been involved in Science Communication activities.
Apart from that it has Sub-Divisional Committees for Science Communication activities constituted by concerned Nagar Panchayats / Panchayat Samities / SDMs.
The activities of the Science Communication Division are targeted to play a role in
Development of Communication Material.
Development of Resource Persons.
Orchestration & Co-ordination of the activities.
The activities under Science Communication Division -
- Science Fair.
- Science Drama Competition.
- Students’ Science Seminar.
- Junior Mathematical Olympiad.
- Children’s’ Science Congress.
- Observation of important days.
- Utilization of local Melas / Festivals etc.
- Nucleation / Rejuvenation of School Science Clubs in all High and Higher Secondary Schools of the State.
- Formation of Science Forum in all the Degree Colleges of Tripura.
- Development of VCDs/DVDs on different Science & Technology topics.