SCIENCE & SOCIETY DIVISION
Science & Society division implements activities on project mode with financial support from different sources. Though, the Council implemented number of projects having social relevance, as these were sporadic and meager in terms of coverage, visible impact could not be achieved.
In this context, the 9th General Body meeting of the Council constituted a Task Force for identification of application of Science & Technology in different sectors for economic development of the State. The said Task Force has recommended 6 mission mode activities. Among them four viz. Tilla land cultivation; Fish production: enhancement; Processing of Agri / Horti produces and SHGs and S & T -based micro-enterprises are under the purview of the Science and Society Division. For these mission mode activities concept notes has also been prepared and placed for discussion in the next General Body meeting of the Council.
- 1. Introduction/Adoption of new and appropriate technologies.
- 2. Up-gradation of technologies/skills.
- 3. Linking SHGs with technologies based micro enterprises.
- 1. Plasma Pyrolysis Plant.
- 2. Computerized Examination Data Processing System.
- 3. Sanitary Napkin Production Units.
- 4. Artisanal Pottery.
- 5. Iron Removal Plants.